Welcome to Smartsheet!
LMU has launched a Smartsheet pilot to learn more about how this project management tool can increase effectiveness. During this pilot, a limited number of licenses have been made available.
User type and permission level both impact how a user can interact with Smartsheet.
- Licensed User - A Smartsheet license is required to create new content (sheets, reports, dashboards, forms); modify sheet structures (add/move/delete/reformat columns), and manage resources.
- Unlicensed User and Free Collaborators - It is not necessary to purchase licenses for individuals who will be collaborators (i.e., those who need only to view sheets and update rows). A Sheet owner may share a sheet with any individual who needs to collaborate as a viewer and updater - no license required for the collaborator.
NOTE: Sheets should be shared with colleagues by using the lmu.edu, lion.lmu.edu, or lls.edu email address.
Smartsheet offers FREE Smartsheet Student Licenses to faculty and students who attend accredited higher education institutions. Once verified, faculty and students can achieve even more by gaining access to the Smartsheet platform, Smartsheet University, and Smartsheet Certification.
Smartsheet Features for Licensed Users
With an LMU Smartsheet license, the following features are available:
- Unlimited sheets, reports, dashboards, forms, and file storage
- Smartsheet Dashboards
- Ability to track solution adoption, updates to content, sharing, and more via Activity Log
- Access to the Smartsheet University training portal
- Access to Smartsheet Support and Smartsheet Coaching.
- Ability to create automated actions such as approval workflows, update requests, and more
- Access to the LMU Smartsheet Customer Success Manager (CSM) for assistance with your Smartsheet goals and objectives. (Request via an ITS Service Desk ticket here)
- Box integration to attach files directly to Sheets
- Submit an ITS Service Desk ticket if you have questions about setting up a Smartsheet account or switching from an individually purchased account to the centralized LMU Smartsheet account.
- Visit the Smartsheet Support Center for information about the tool itself — current system status information is available at
- Submit specific questions using the tool at Smartsheet Contact Support.
- Contact Kristine Bunikiewicz (Kristine.Bunikiewicz@lmu.edu) or Matthew Bazar (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss more on Smartsheet. This service should only be used for Low and Moderate Risk Data as defined by the Information Security Office (link).