Brightspace for Students
Brightspace is LMU's Learning Management System (LMS). It allows faculty to create and post online course material such as syllabi, assignments, discussions, quizzes, videos, and more, while providing students with a single location to find everything they need for a class.
The ITS Knowledge Base, which is part of the Service Desk Online Portal, contains articles with hacks, troubleshooting solutions, general information, and how-to guides for nearly all the technology available at LMU, as well as video tutorials. To get started with Brightspace, try some of these articles:
- Sign Up For Notifications
- Checklist of Things to Do Before Taking a Quiz
- Confirm Assignment Submission
- Subscribe to a Discussion
- Download All Course Content
- Tips on Naming Assignment Files
- Pin Courses to the Top of Your Dashboard
- Use Your Computer for Best Performance
- Fix General Problems (Something Isn't Working Right)
- Fix Problems Viewing Videos
- Find Your Courses
- Find Course Material
- Access Feedback on Quizzes
Pulse (Brightspace Mobile App)
Brightspace has created a number of video and print tutorials to help you make the most of Brightspace. Students are automatically enrolled in the Student Training course and will be available on your dashboard as soon as you log into your Brightspace account. Each course has video and printed instructions that will help you become a Brightspace maven in no time.
Below are all nine videos from Brightspace's official Fall 2020 video playlist.
Instant Messages (Pager)