- Brightspace courses are available for faculty 6 weeks ahead of the start of each semester. Choose "View All Courses" to begin working on your new course content. If you need assistance, please contact the Service Desk.
- Monthly Systems Updates
- Zoom - Brightspace integration
- Teams - Brightspace integration
- To submit a Courses Merge Request, log in to ITS Service Desk Portal, click the Service Catalog link, and select the "Brightspace Merge Request form"
- Follow these instructions to Upload to Echo360 from Brightspace
- For tips on preparing for the semester, please visit the Teaching site
- Review this Brightspace Essentials document for handy reference
- Use this Brightspace Accessibility Guide for guidance that helps all students
- Contact your Instructional Technologist if you require further support
- If you are a student looking for Brightspace information, visit this page.
New Design Elements
Try Creator Plus, a new suite of course design features in Brightspace that give you great ways to make your learning material interactive and engaging. The Instructional Technology team is available to help. Learn more.
View Recent Workshops
For deep dives into specific topics, be sure to check out these videos and slides from our recent workshops.
Video | Slides - Creating Your Course
Video | Slides - Setting Up Your Gradebook
Video | Slides - Managing Grades and Offering Feedback
Video | Slides - Checking for Student Understanding
Video | Slides - Providing Students Meaningful Feedback
Brightspace Instructions and Top 10s
The ITS Knowledge Base contains myriad articles with step-by-step instructions on Brightspace features. Visit the ITS Service Desk Online Portal (https://its.lmu.edu/servicedesk) for a complete list of articles for Brightspace and other applications.
Brightspace Top 10
All About Grading!
Don't wait until grades are due to learn about grading in Brightspace. Use this guide throughout the semester to get a handle on the Gradebook tool and assessment best practices.
- Grades Tool for Instructors
- Assess and Grade Learners
- Entering Grades
- Create a Grade Scheme
- Grading Systems (Weighted vs. Points)
- Create Calculated Grade Items
- Associate a Quiz with a Grade Item
- Assess Students in Discussion Threads
- Grading Student Work in VoiceThread
- About Bonus Grade Items (Extra Credit)
- Download/Export Your Gradebook
- Release Final Grades
Faculty Video Tutorials
Brightspace has created a number of video and print tutorials to help you make the most of Brightspace. All LMU faculty are automatically enrolled in the Instructor Training Course in Brightspace; these tutorials are available on your dashboard as soon as you log into your Brightspace account. Each course has video and printed instructions that will help you become a Brightspace maven in no time. Contact your Instructional Technologist if you require further support.
Faculty: Releasing Final Grades to Students
Create a Discussion Forum
Create a Discussion Topic
Create an Announcement
The Announcements tool was previously called News, and may be referred to such in videos created by D2L.
The Assignments tool used to be called Dropbox, and may be referred to such in videos created by D2L.
Understanding the Grades Tool
Import, Export, and Copy Course Components